We are seeking Nurse Practitioner to join the RISE Community Health Centre Team. This position is for a full service family Nurse Practitioner (excluding obstetrics or hospital work), providing care in clinic, client’s homes and outreach settings. The Nurse Practitioner will work as part of an interdisciplinary team with Physicians, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Dietitians, Counsellor, Social Workers, Community Health Workers, Medical Office Assistants, Pharmacists and more. The Nurse Practitioner will be a staff of Collingwood Neighbourhood House, reporting to the Clinical Lead and RISE CHC Coordinator.
$66.20 – 73.35/hr (based on years of experience)
Family Practice and Walk-In Hybrid
This is an incredible opportunity be part of the RISE CHC team, where you will work with committed and passionate professionals in the provision of integrated, high quality, holistic health services. This is also a chance to be a leader in the implementation of the new provincial Community Health Centre policy. We encourage applicants with lived experience of structural inequity to apply, and in particular those who identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or people of colour.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
● Registered and in good standing with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
● Successful completion of the Objective Structure Clinical Examination (OSCE)
● Professional Liability Protection with Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS)
● 2 or more years of experience working as a Nurse Practitioner in a community-based primary health care setting
● Demonstrates commitment to the concepts underpinning the unique role of Community Health Centres and a desire to collaboratively contribute to this CHC’s vision, mission and values.
● Experience providing primary care for clients with addictions, including ability to effectively prescribe and manage Opioid Agonist Therapy
● Demonstrates a high level of clinical skill and competence working with socially complex clients
● An egalitarian philosophy and non-judgmental attitude (i.e. gender, culture, race, sexual orientation, language, ability and more)
C:\Users\nchoi\Desktop\HC01-22-08 Nurse Practitioner PT Perm.docx Page 2 of 2
● Previous experience providing culturally safe, trauma informed care to marginalized populations
● Experience working with interdisciplinary, culturally diverse teams
● Experience applying strategies or practices to address social determinants of health and health inequity
● Experience providing outreach in community settings and in people’s homes
● Ability to deal effectively with conflict situations, manage challenging behavior, and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioral management techniques
● Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
● Fluency in identified non-official languages based on neighbourhood demographics
Experience working with medical interpreters
Salary: $66.20 – 73.35/hr (based on years of experience)
o Salaried, Non-Fee-For-Service, no overhead contribution required
o Extended health and dental benefits; pension plan starting October 2022 o Annual reimbursement for: British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives license renewal fees and CNPS liability protection fees pro-rated to FTE
o Paid vacation starting at 4 weeks per year (based on 35hrs/week) plus paid sick days
Schedule: 24 hours per week, Monday 9:00am – 5:30pm, Friday 10:00am – 6:30 pm, Saturday 8:30 – 5:00pm; 30 minute unpaid lunch break per day Location: RISE Community Health Centre, 5198 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC, V5R 4H1. Services also provided within the local Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhood.
Expected Start Date: July 17, 2022.
Rise Community Health Center
5198 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Nurse Practitioners, Community Health Workers, Registered Nurse, allied health, Medical Office Assistants and more
Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH) is a not-for-profit Society serving the Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhood of East Vancouver. CNH’s mandate is to promote the well-being of the Renfrew-Collingwood community by providing leadership and working collaboratively with individuals, families, agencies and other groups to develop and support inclusive, innovative, sustainable initiatives and services that respond to the community’s social, educational, economic, health, cultural and recreational needs.
RISE Community Health Centre (CHC) is the newest department of Collingwood Neighbourhood House. RISE is a brand new, community-based CHC that is part of the Primary Care Network strategy and funded by the Ministry of Health. RISE supports the health and well-being of Renfrew-Collingwood residents who are facing barriers to achieving health by offering community-based primary care and health promotion services. Specific populations of focus include Newcomers, LGBTQ2S+, Indigenous, Isolated Seniors, Youth, people experiencing Homelessness, those working in the Sex Trade, and those experiencing Mental Health and Substance Use issues. Services are delivered by a diverse interdisciplinary team, working in partnership with other Collingwood Neighborhood House departments and partnering agencies.
This is an incredible opportunity be part of the inaugural RISE CHC team, where you will work with committed and passionate professionals in the provision of integrated, high quality, holistic health services. This is also a chance to be a leader in the implementation of the new provincial Community Health Centre policy.
Want support from our team finding opportunities?
Want support from our team finding opportunities?