PCN Locum position at an urban primary care clinic. Located above the City Centre UPCC, you will be working with 7 other fantastic NPs, several GPs and nursing staff. In addition, we have a fabulous clinic manager and administrative staff. You will have your own patient panel. As per the PCN MOH Service Contract it is expected that you will continue to add to your panel size, which will be managed by you. As the UPCC is downstairs, you have easy access to an on-site lab and imaging department when needed.
Current panel is many young adults and young families, including a significant amount of women’s health, pediatrics and well babies.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible and accountable for the comprehensive assessment of patients/clients/residents including diagnosing diseases, disorders and conditions.
· The Nurse practitioner initiates treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribes medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limits and conditions, policy and guidelines.
· The Nurse Practitioner provides professional guidance to other health professionals and practices autonomously and interdependently within the context of an interdisciplinary health care team, making referrals to physicians and others as appropriate.
· This position collaborates with patients/clients/residents and other members of the interdisciplinary team to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for patients/clients/residents, families and communities; develops and implement population
and evidence-based strategies to improve health and participates in policy-making activities that influence health services and practices.
· The position participates in peer review and self review to evaluate the outcome of services at the patient/client/resident, community and population level.
Education, Training and Experience
· Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing NP registrant; successful completion of the OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) and two (negotiable) years of recent, relevant clinical nursing experience.
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients/clients/residents and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care and prognosis.
· Ability to collaborate, consult with and formally refer patients/clients/residents to physicians and other health professionals when appropriate.
· Ability to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices ability to introduce education and evidence based research.
· Ability to assess and recognize population health trends ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention and health promotion.
· Ability to implement and evaluate planned change.
· Ability to supervise other and evaluate the care they deliver.
· Ability to lead a team and work within a team.
· Ability to self-direct, interact, and adapt effectively with other professionals in complex, dynamic situations.
· Ability to transfer knowledge, teach, coach and mentor others.
· Ability to identify and respond appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in patient/client/resident care.
· Ability to self-assess performance an assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance when appropriate.
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Applications and/or questions:
Contact: Alison Perry
NP Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive as per Service Contract Year 3
Family Practice and Walk-In Hybrid
Position type: Subcontractor – Ministry of Health Service Contract – PCN
Location: Seymour Health Centre, 1290 Hornby St, Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirement: NO
Shift Start Time/End Time: 0830-1630 (flexible as per contractor’s desire)
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Vacancy Type: Temporary FT
Salary Range: Competitive as per Service Contract Year 3
Planned Start Date: Aug 15th, 2022 (potential flexibility to start earlier if needed)
Approximate End Date: Sept 4th, 2023
CRC required: Required for Professional Registration
Seymour Health Centre (Hornby)
1292 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
British Columbia’s largest medical clinic has opened a second location in downtown Vancouver and currently has space for Family Doctors (longitudinal and urgent care) and Specialists. This modern, 31,500 square foot, multidisciplinary primary care centre has 50+ exam rooms with a capacity for 25+ Family Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Specialists. The clinic has on-site Laboratory, Diagnostic Imaging (X-Ray, Ultrasound, ECG), Pharmacy, and Sleep Lab facilities. Practitioners have full nursing, MOA and administrative support including Billing Clerks, and in-house IT support.
Come join our team and practice in an innovative model that supports you as a person and as a doctor. Focus on your patients and practice in a collegial team-based environment. We are looking to recruit physicians immediately and are open to hiring physicians at any stage of their career: Physicians who are looking to build a patient panel; Physicians who want to move their practice to a group setting; and Physicians who are thinking of retiring in three to five years. Physicians interested in locum coverage will be able to work shifts in the walk-in portion of the clinic. The clinic is led by highly regarded and experienced Medical Directors who actively promote a collegial and healthy work environment. We are offering attractive and competitive remuneration and are willing to negotiate other fee structures for full-time, permanent physicians.
EMR: Med Access
Remuneration: 70/30 billing split OR salary model available for any physicians interested
Want support from our team finding opportunities?
Want support from our team finding opportunities?