Position: Family Physician/ General Practitioner
FTE: 0.7 (3 days a week)
Facility Type: Community Health Centre
Health Authority: Vancouver Coastal Health
Specialty : Family Practitioner/General Practitioner
Sub-specialty: Addiction Medicine
Scheduling: 24.5hrs/week over 3 days Mon-Fri
On-Call Hours: Yes (Telephone on-call support after hours – 1:9)
Compensation: Compensation Type: Alternative Payment Arrangement
Estimated Remuneration: $290 000/FTE
*Alternative Payment Arrangement – Service Contract 1FTE = 1680hrs/year
Physician Overhead: 9.53% Billing Split: 90:10 for medicolegal reports
Benefits and/or Incentives: Vacation/Study Leave: Up to 7 weeks a year unpaid as part of service contract agreement.
Our health care team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, pharmacy staff, counselors, social workers, and friendly well trained support staff. Embedded within the Community Health Centre there is a wide range of allied health supports and programming to attend to social determinants of health.
The ongoing education and quality improvement is an important aspect of the work we do and time is specifically allocated to this in day to day activities.
We use Oscar as our EMR.
The successful candidate will show a high level of clinical skill and competence in combination with exceptional communication skills with team members and patients who may be vulnerable for complex medical or social reasons. They are willing and able to participate as a prescriber of Opioid Agonist Therapy integrated with primary care to patients where needed or will obtain this competency shortly after joining the service. They will have a good understanding of, and commitment to addressing the social determinants of health in their contact with patients and in their interactions with the wider team. They will have a commitment to longitudinal and comprehensive care within a team based approach. They will be organized and willing to contribute to system change as needed to address the needs of their patients. They will be willing and able to contribute to educational activities in the clinic for the benefit of their colleagues and health professionals in training.
The position is funded through a contract with the VCHA and the Alternative Payments Program of the BC Ministry of Health.
Qualifications & Experience
- Physician registered (Full) with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of B.C., certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- Commitment and ability to implement REACH’s strategic goals, mission, vision and values.
- A background in working with youth, mental health, addictions, fragile families, refugees and frail elderly desired.
- Current Opioid Agonist prescriber or willingness to obtain competency and take on this role.
- Awareness of the impact of colonization on Aboriginal peoples and understanding of cultural competency as a care provider
- Ability to speak another language an asset.
- Experience or training in delivering medical education an asset
- Experience or training in primary care research and policy an asset
Additional requirements for job role:
- Medical indemnity cover with Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) – Mandatory