Vancouver Division of Family Practice
JEDI Task Force
Since its inception in May 2021, the Member Task Force on Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (“JEDI”) has strived to advance the Division’s commitment to JEDI principles and strategic priority to embed JEDI frameworks into all programming and initiatives.
- Promote, advocate and educate on equity, diversity and inclusion within our member community.
- Foster competence to address the evolving needs of patients, community and colleagues through evidence-based engagement and education opportunities.
- Provide a safe forum for discussions around equity, diversity and inclusion, for our members.
- Decolonization and reconciliation efforts: explore emerging care topics focused on Indigenous patients and enhancing cultural safety.
- Broader membership engagement: promote JEDI learning opportunities hosted by other organizations and sharing knowledge to support members in their learning journey.
- Support Division members with leadership roles to build their JEDI knowledge and capacity, so that it can inform their work as leaders.
Composition of the JEDI Member Task Force
The Task Force currently has 5 members plus 1 Board Liaison. The physician lead may opt to participate in Task Force activities, but is not considered a member of the Task Force. Get in touch via email@example.com.
Learning & Resources
- Kootenay Boundary Division of Family Practice: Cultivating Cultural Safety in Your Clinic
- Joint Collaborative Committees: Indigenous Cultural Safety Webinar Series
- First Nations Health Authority: Cultural Safety and Humility Resources
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC: Indigenous Cultural Safety, Cultural Humility and Anti-racism Learning Resources