PCN 1 Featured Service: CHANGEpain Clinic
CHANGEpain Clinic is an accredited, evidence-based, and interdisciplinary pain centre specializing in personalized whole person pain and rehab care. Their strategies for managing pain include:
- Making early access to our advanced pain care expertise a reality
- Delivering effective personalized pain care solutions
- Studying outcomes to advance pain knowledge
- Fostering colleagues to expand pain care across BC
- Guiding policy affecting pain care, education and practice standards
CHANGEpain offers numerous services covered by MSP:
- Trigger Point Injections for myofascial release
- Ultrasound-Guided Injections for muscles, ligaments, joints, and nerves
- Radiofrequency Lesioning (RFL)
- Pulsed Radiofrequency (PRF)
- Consultations and Follow-up Visits
- Group Medical Visits
Patients can be enrolled in a 12-month program where they have access to all MSP-covered services listed or referred for specific procedures as requested.
CHANGEpain’s wait times for an initial MSP-covered consultation is less than 2 months. Patients can be seen sooner for urgent assistance if they are medically stable cancer patients requiring urgent procedures, have less than 3 months onset radicular pain, or have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
They also offer services which may be covered by third-party insurance such as physiotherapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, prolotherapy, ketamine infusions, lidocaine infusions and Botox. For more information, visit their website at changepain.ca.